Warwick to leave Munster

Guinness PRO12 Editor

21 Dec 2010


Magners League leaders Munster have confirmed that utility back Paul Warwick will leave the province at the end of the season.

Warwick has been an ever present fixture in the Munster line-up this season taking part in all ten of his side’s games so far this campaign.

With 53 points under his belt already, the 29-year-old will be missed as Thomond Park as Munster admit they are unable to match what the Australia is being offered by other European clubs.

“It’s understood that the 29-year-old, one of Munster’s non- Irish eligible players, has attracted the interest of several

European clubs who have offered terms that Munster are unable to match,” said a statement released by Munster.

“We felt the need to address the recent speculation about my future by confirming my intention to move. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here with Munster and hope I can contribute in helping the squad achieve the goals we set for ourselves at the start of the season” said Warwick.

Munster coach Tony McGahan noted Warwick’s ability to play at full-back and at fly-half.

“We are of course disappointed that Paul will be leaving us at the end of the season. He has been a quality player who significantly contributed at both fullback and fly-half over the past four seasons. We understand the reasons for his decision and he leaves with our best wishes both professionally and personally.”


O’Connor looking for European response from Ulster

Alan O’Connor is hoping he and his Ulster team-mates can give a better account of themselves on the European stage when Exeter Chiefs come to town on Saturday. Ulster’s European adventure this season got off to a disappointing start as the Guinness PRO12 leaders were downed 28-13 by Bordeaux Bègles on Sunday. But the Ulstermen […]