Dragons head out to Italy

Guinness PRO12 Editor

26 Oct 2011


The Dragons are set to arrive in Italy for their RaboDirect PRO12 clash with Benetton Treviso (Saturday 29th October, Stadio Monigo, 2:00pm).

The Men of Gwent are confident, coming off their first away win of the season, a 30 – 29 victory over the London Wasps last weekend.

"It was a seriously big win for any team," said Head Coach, Darren Edwards, "and it was made more remarkable by the performance of our young players. None of them looked out of place with the senior squad."

The Dragons have seen seven regional debuts so far this season, including Hallam Amos and Jack Dixon, who at ages seventeen and sixteen are the youngest Welsh players to compete at regional level. The Men of Gwent are taking no chances against Treviso and retain a fully professional twenty-three for the upcoming match.

"Treviso are a good team," said Edwards, "They've got fantastic set pieces and an excellent kicking game. So we have a big challenge on our hands but we're confident that we can build on what we achieved in London last weekend."

Newport-Gwent Dragons:

Phil Price, Nathan Williams, Nathan Buck, Dan Way, Tom Willis, Rhys Buckley, Rob Sidoli, Adam Jones, Scott Morgan, Jevon Groves, Lewis Evans, Tom Brown, Gavin Thomas, Andrew Coomb

Wayne Evans, Joe Bedford, Jason Tovey, Steffan Jones, Mike Poole, Tonderai Chavhanga, Adam Hughes, Lewis Robling, Ashley Smith, Tom Riley, Marty Thomas