After spending a gruelling 11 months out with a dislocated knee, Warriors and Scotland scrum-half Chris Cusiter returned to take part in a brief cameo at this year’s World Cup – a highlight in an otherwise tough year.
Having recently penned a new contract that will keep him with Glasgow for the next three seasons, the 29-year-old hopes the New Year to brings with it better luck.
1. What’s the strangest Christmas gift you’ve ever received? When I was young I remember asking for a fishing rod, and there was a present shaped like that under the tree. I was so excited but when I opened it and it was a snooker cue I was devastated.
2. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas? Seeing friends and family for at least a couple of days. I don’t get the chance to go back to Aberdeen that often so it will be nice to have everyone together.
3. Tell us your all-time favourite Christmas movie? Elf. I watched it not knowing what it was and it was really funny and Will Ferrell is brilliant – a very funny guy.
4. What’s your favourite Christmas song? Wham’s Last Christmas. It’s just a good Christmas song.
5. What’s your worst-ever Christmas experience? Fortunately I’ve never had a disastrous Christmas, they’ve all been good.
6. What’s your favourite Christmas decoration? The chocolates you put on the tree, I try and restrict myself to one a day and make them last until Christmas day.
7. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you like to have as your secret Santa? Al Kellock at Glasgow Warriors. He would always buy the best because he’s that sort of guy.
8. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you invite around for Christmas Day? Federico Martín Aramburú. Being Argentinian he’s obviously quite far away from his family and they are really nice people, so I’d invite him round.
9. If you were one of Santa’s reindeer, what would your name be? Prancer, because that’s the only one I know.
10. What’s the worst Christmas present you’ve been given? I once got a little dish with a thing where you could place your spoon on after you had finished. I was about 25 at the time, so I don’t know whether it was a joke or not.
11. Which rugby player in the RaboDirect PRO12 would make the best Santa? Duncan Jones from Ospreys – if he could grow a beard that is.
12. What’s been your highlight of 2011? Getting back fully fit after 11 months out with a dislocated knee. It was awful, a really bad year out of the game, but coming back and playing a bit in Australia and in the World Cup was great.