Munster flier Johne Murphy enjoyed a stunning first season with Munster capturing the league title at the end of the campaign thanks to the 19-9 Grand Final defeat of Leinster.
But Murphy is hoping for even bigger and better things in 2012 with a call-up to the Ireland team and more silverware on the 27-year-old’s Christmas wishlist.
1. What’s the strangest Christmas gift you’ve ever received? I got given a toy rabbit from Martin Castrogiovanni when I lived with him at Leicester for some unknown reason.
2. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas? Being able to hang around with my family and friends. I’ve got a big family so just being able stand at home and look at all the nieces and nephews running around and seeing all their presents in front of them. That’s what’s most important about Christmas.
3. Tell us your all-time favourite Christmas movie? I’m going to have to say The Real Santa Claus. It’s an old one, from the 1950s.
4. What’s your favourite Christmas song? Fairtytale in New York.
5. What’s your worst-ever Christmas experience? When I was over in EnglandI invited over my mum, dad and three of my sisters over for Christmas and when it came to cooking the dinner I had no potatoes. They weren’t very happy, I had to run out to try and beg, borrow and steal some from friends.
6. What’s your favourite Christmas decoration? My mum bought me a little Christmas horse with my name on it. I’ve still got it and it goes near the top of the tree.
7. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you like to have as your secret Santa? Paul O’Connell, because I’d buy him some nice clothes. He seems to think that just because there’s a label and it’s expensive it looks good on him, but it doesn’t.
8. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you invite around for Christmas Day? I’d probably say Lote Tuqiri one of the lads I played with. I don’t get to see him very often. It would be good to have him around and have a couple of beers with him, he’s a good laugh and it would very enjoyable.
9. If you were one of Santa’s reindeer, what would your name be? Blitzen, not because of my pace I just like the name.
10. What’s the worst Christmas present you’ve been given? I’d probably say that toy rabbit. It was strange but it was also the worst because I have absolutely no use for it. I don’t even know where it is.
11. Which rugby player in the RaboDirect PRO12 would make the best Santa? Denis Fogarty, purely because of the relaxed muscle around his tummy area as he likes to call it.
12. What’s been your highlight of 2011? Winning the league with Munster and beating Leinster at Thomond Park was a very special day, but hopefully a Heineken Cup medal is on the horizon.