In little over a year, Dragons hooker Lloyd Burns went from being a part-time bricklayer to a World Cup semi-finalist.
The 27-year-old made his first RaboDirect PRO12 appearance in the draw against Glasgow a fortnight ago and will be keen to help the Dragons get back on track after a tough few weeks in the league.
1. What's the strangest Christmas gift you've ever received? I’d have to say something ‘exotic’ from the wife but I won’t say much more than that.
2. What's your favourite thing about Christmas? For me it would have to be getting presents from everyone. Oh, and you can’t beat a turkey dinner with all the trimmings too!
3. Tell us your all-time favourite Christmas movie? I can’t really think of one off the top off my head but the only one I can remember is Santa Claus The Movie.
4. What's your favourite Christmas song? That would probably have to be Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin’ Stevens, that gets everyone in the Christmas mood.
5. What's your worst-ever Christmas experience? I’ve never had a bad experience at Christmas luckily, they are always good, fun, family times for me.
6. What's your favourite Christmas decoration? It would have to be the lights on the Christmas tree. You know it’s Christmas when you see them go up.
7. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you like to have as your secret Santa? That would have to be the Wales skipper Sam Warburton. You would expect to get something good from him because he needs to keep all the Welsh players happy.
8. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you invite around for Christmas Day? My Dragons teammate Toby Faletau. We could have some really good conversation around the Christmas table.
9. If you were one of Santa's reindeer, what would your name be? I’d have to say Rudolph, he’s the only one I know!
10. What's the worst Christmas present you've been given? I got a woolly jumper once, that’s probably the worst thing but normally I’m pretty happy with the presents I get.
11. Which rugby player in the RaboDirect PRO12 would make the best Santa? I’d probably say Dragons prop Nathan Buck, he hasn’t got a big white beard but he’s the right shape for Santa.
12. What's been your highlight of 2011? There is a lot to choose from this year: I got married, my wife is pregnant, I won my first cap for Wales and went to a World Cup. You can’t get many better years than that in your life!