New Zealand-born scrum-half Isaac Boss enjoyed a return to his homeland in 2011 as part of Ireland’s World Cup squad – scoring try against Russia in his only appearance.
But after returning to the RaboDirect PRO 12 the challenge for next year is to assert himself as Leinster’s first-choice No.9.
1. What's the strangest Christmas gift you've ever received? There have been a few pretty strange ones come up in the Secret Santas here, but I don’t think they are really suitable to mention on here!
2. What's your favourite thing about Christmas? Getting in touch with the family back in New Zealand. It’s great to catch up with everyone and find out what they are all up to.
3. Tell us your all-time favourite Christmas movie? I’m not sure if I have a favourite Christmas movie but Home Alone always seems to be on around this time of year so I usually end up watching that.
4. What's your favourite Christmas song? It’s not favourite well-known over here but there’s a song called Snoopy’s Christmas which is pretty good. It’s very popular over in New Zealand.
5. What's your worst-ever Christmas experience? I remember one Christmas where me and my brothers all got Rugby League jerseys. We have quite a big family and I ended up getting a shirt I really didn’t want. I think I got a bit of a telling off and I think I still have the jersey.
6. What's your favourite Christmas decoration? It’s got to be having a real tree. You know it’s Christmas when the tree arrives and it has to be a real one, I don’t like plastic trees.
7. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you like to have as your secret Santa? Probably Brian O’Driscoll, he has so many deals going on that he gets loads of freebies so he’d be able to get you something pretty good. Rob Kearney and Jamie Heaslip aren’t bad on that front either.
8. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you invite around for Christmas Day? It would have to be Nathan White who arrived here this season. He’s from Waikato like me and we have quite a lot in common so I reckon it would be good fun.
9. If you were one of Santa's reindeer, what would your name be? Back in New Zealand I was known as Mozzie because I’d always be buzzing around annoying people on the pitch, so I’d probably go with that.
10. What's the worst Christmas present you've been given? I’m not that big on presents to be honest, and I’d probably get in trouble if anyone sees that I’ve criticised a gift they gave me.
11. Which rugby player in the RaboDirect PRO12 would make the best Santa? It’s got to be one of the Ospreys props hasn’t it? Give them a beard and a red suit and they’d look perfect as Santa.
12. What's been your highlight of 2011? Winning the Heineken Cup was pretty special, in particular with how we came back to win it. And going to the World Cup was great as well. Here’s hoping 2012 is just as good.