Few players could have had quite the whirlwind 12 months teenage Scarlets winger George North experienced since making his international debut in November 2010.
From becoming Wales’ youngest ever try-scoring debutant against South Africa, North went on to establish himself as one of rugby’s hottest properties with his performances at the World Cup and in the RaboDirect PRO12 for the Scarlets. At his current rate of trajectory, it is anybody’s guess as to how high North’s star can continue to rise.
1. What's the strangest Christmas gift you've ever received? Probably, the standard crazy pair of socks from my family.
2. What's your favourite thing about Christmas? Just being with my family. I have got such a large family that we have alternate years between going from North Wales to Norfolk but when we are all in one room there’s about 14 of us ranging from two years old to 70.
3. Tell us your all-time favourite Christmas movie? A toss-up between the Grinch and Elf but I would go for the Grinch.
4. What's your favourite Christmas song? Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is class but for those of you who have not heard Dominick the Donkey, go onto YouTube and watch it.
5. What's your worst-ever Christmas experience? I don’t have a particularly bad one but there was one time I had been badgering my parents for a set of golf clubs as Christmas presents and when I came downstairs there was nothing that shape there. Eventually my dad gave them to me later that evening but only after keeping me in suspense all day.
6. What's your favourite Christmas decoration? Can’t beat some nice lights on a Christmas tree.
7. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you like to have as your secret Santa? Blues and Wales flanker Sam Warburton – he has got plenty of cash.
8. Which RaboDirect PRO12 player would you invite around for Christmas Day? Either one of my Scarlets teammates Scott or Liam Williams. They are about my age and always up for a laugh.
9. If you were one of Santa's reindeer, what would your name be? Rudolph, no question.
10. What's the worst Christmas present you've been given? Probably a box of chocolates that were out of date from a family friend. I remember me and my brother being really excited by getting some Celebrations but then we were left pretty disappointed.
11. Which rugby player in the RaboDirect PRO12 would make the best Santa? My Scarlets teammate Matthew Rees. He is big, cuddly and is always spreading joy to the players, management and supporters!
12. What's been your highlight of 2011? It has been a year of highs for me but to go to the World Cup, represent my country and to do so well at 19 is just unbelievable.